Tuesday, August 19, 2008

7 weeks to go

Yes, a little late in posting, but I didn't have a lot to report for my comp progress on Sat as my weight only shifted about 100g last week. This week I am averaging 50-100 cals less and I can see it making a difference already.

Training has been going well. I'm constantly surprised that my weights are increasing in the gym while my calories are decreasing.

I am loving my food at the moment. Two of my favourite meals yesterday were turkey mince with garlic, ginger, chillies, red onion, tamari, coconut essence and coriander; and eye fillet with a salad of spinach, red capsicum, spring onions, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Our kitchen seems to be a constant mess at the moment with my husband and I both preparing different food for our competitions. He has a Brazillian jiu jitsu tournament this weekend and because he does such a high volume of training, he is eating high carb, low fat. I am eating low carb for the most part. I must say I am very proud of all the hard work he is putting into his sport, and it is really showing in his physique. Couldn't resist snapping a pic of him last night.



I am trying to convince him to do a bodybuilding show but not having much luck.

OK, off to have a massage. I will try and post more about my gene test soon.

3 comments:

Kek said...

High-carb, low-fat living with low-carb, high-fat? THAT must be fun. LOL.

My husband seems to be doing high-carb, high-fat, high-crap at the moment. Hmm...

Oh, and I have the nutritional info for the agave syrup, thanks - the jar had all the details. It's Living Earth brand.

ss2306 said...

One hot bod of a husband Charlotte. Yes, he should do bodybuilding - tell him I said so.

Luv Shelley

Anonymous said...

GEEPERS - that is one buff household girl!!!

Isnt it funny - you guys have such different diets but still compete at sports that require such differing preps! I have FINALLY convinced my roomie to stop buying JUNK and he is noticing changes and is stoked - gotta love inspiring others!

Keep at it CHARLOTTE - you are going so fabulous x