Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Polenta

I wanted something quick, easy and wheat free this morning. Buckwheat porridge? I couldn't wait 15 minutes. Quinoa? None left. What else was in my pantry? Polenta! So I boiled some water and chicken stock in a pot, dumped in the polenta, stirred until thick, then added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for some extra flavour. Served with reheated chicken breast (leftover in fridge from yesterday) and silverbeet salad (also leftover from yesterday). Quick, easy, yummy and kept me full for about three hours.

3 comments:

Kek said...

Hey Charlotte, have you thought about making your own BBQ sauce? This recipe looks pretty good:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14741/barbecue+sauce

I'd make a half quantity - 600+mls is a bit much. The only thing I'm not sure about is the tomato sauce - is there a gluten-free one?

Kek said...

Ooh - here's another: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Barbecue-Sauce-L1983.html

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Kek, I might give the second one a go. Not sure about the treacle and worcestershire sauce in the first one. Cheers, C