Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Comparisons

For my last 2 shows at about 10 weeks out I was sitting on about 1400 cals a day (about 50% protein, 20% fat, 30% carbs), rotating carbohydrates - so on day one I would have one starchy carbohydrate meal (about 25g carbs), day two I would have two, day three I would have three, then back to one again and so on. This rotation would happen regardless of whether it was a hard training day or a rest day, and regardless of how I was feeling. I would start out doing 4 30-minute sessions of cardio a week. At about 4 weeks out, things would be ramped up, with some 0 carb days included in the mix, cardio increased, and food groups decreased.

I must admit to feeling a bit apprehensive about doing something different this time round, just because I knew what to expect in the past. But over the course of this week I've come to realise that I need to treat this comp preparation like most of this year has been - an opportunity to learn more about how my body works. So even though I don't know what's coming up, I know my body better now than I've done in the past, and Liz is helping me to listen to it even more carefully. Filling in a log each day is helping me to work out what I need when. So at the moment I'm averaging about 1700 cals, but some days are higher in fats, lower in carbs, and other days are higher in carbs, lower in fats. This is based on the demands of my program and how I'm feeling. I'm doing more cardio than I have done in the past, but I'm eating more too. I know I'm going to come into this show bigger, leaner and healthier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking pretty good there Charlotte. Really looking forward to seeing ya up on stage : -). Don't worry too much about the different approach. This whole thing (I am learning) is a big fat learning curve and its the different things you try that make the next time easier and better. Keep at it girl, your doing tops : -)