Wednesday, July 23, 2008

72 days to go

Sleep wasn't the greatest last night. Went to bed later than planned, then the cat woke me at 5.30 this morning. I've now set my alarm for bedtime, so I have to stop what I'm doing and get ready for bed, LOL.

I'm enjoying training in the mornings again. Even though it's freezing cold outside, I like walking to the gym - it's so peaceful. The gym is quiet and I can use whatever equipment I want without having to wait. The members that go at that time are regulars and we all recognize each other and say 'hi' but get on with our training as we're all there for a purpose at that hour of the morning. I was training in the afternoons for a while in the off season, but think I will stick with mornings from now on.

Did back and shoulders this morning and got a great pump. Managed to get out four chin ups on my own, which is great considering my weight at the moment. Can't usually do these until I'm lighter and leaner.

I am enjoying this recipe at the moment. Mum and Dad made it for me when I went home recently. It's yummy and so easy to make.

Huntsman's Chicken
1 large onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 400g can diced tomatoes in juice
400g skinless boneless chicken breasts

2 tsp instant chicken stock powder
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup red or white wine
1-2 tsp sugar or sugar replacer
2 Tbsp tomato paste

1/2 cup sliced olives
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, if available

Turn a fairly large slow cooker to LOW. Place onion, garlic and mushrooms in the cooker and mix together.
Spoon tomatoes and their juice evenly over the onion mix.
Place whole chicken breasts on top.
Combine next 5 ingredients in a measuring cup or other small container and pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours or HIGH for about 4 hours.
The chicken should be soft enough to shred with a pair of tongs or fork without removing from the crockpot.
Stir in olives, parsley and basil, and serve.

1 comment:

Kek said...

That does it - I have GOT to get me a slow cooker!

Must be something going around re the sleeping. I can't seem to get myself to bed early enough, and then I don't sleep well. Damn!