Tuesday, July 22, 2008

73 days to Go

Fish is banned! From the supermarket that is. I have had food poisoning twice from fish bought at supermarkets in NZ. I bought some nice-looking fresh tuna from Safeway last night, got it out of the bag this afternoon and it smelt...fishy, which fresh fish is not supposed to do. I thought it might have been smelly from sitting in the plastic so decided to cook it anyway. First few mouthfuls were OK, then had one mouthful that tasted NQR. I wasn't about to get food poisoning again so spat it out and didn't finish the rest. :-(

First day of new program today (legs) and it went pretty well. Haven't done some of the exercises for over 12 months so had no idea what weight to use for some things. Was a bit of trial and error. Am doing it again on Monday so should be able to hammer it then. I didn't do any food prep last night and ended up being a bit pushed for time doing everything this morning between getting home from the gym and starting work, but it should be all good from now with my new schedule.

Also spent too much personal time on the internet today when I should have been working. It's not so bad now as work is a little bit quiet, but come mid-August it's going to get busy so I need to get my behaviour sorted out now so I have a nice routine happening before I get caught up with full-on comp prep and work.

Meals have been a bit all over the place the last couple of days while I've been trying to get my eating back into comp mode. As I'm hungrier a bit more now, I need to give myself a rough guide to meal times so I don't eat most of my calories by midday, LOL. So I'm thinking something like this:

6.15am meal 1
7-8.30am training: weights, cardio, stretching
8.30am PWO drink
8.45 recovery method: hot/cold shower
9am meal 2
9.30 start work
11.30am meal 3
2pm meal 4
4.30pm meal 5
5.30 finish work
5.30-7pm prepare food, clean up, organise for next day
7pm meal 6
7-8.30 internet time
8.30-9.30 read
9.30-6 sleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself time Charlotte. Everything will eventually fall into place. You're not having very much luck with fish you poor thing there's nothing worse. xxx