Friday, July 25, 2008

70 days to go

You know you're getting into a routine when you wake up before your alarm clock.

This morning I was scheduled to do some HIIT and long slow cardio. I followed that up with 30 minutes of yoga when I got home. I used the Baron Baptiste Unlocking Athletic Power DVD. Haven't done it for a few months now so was pleased to discover I could still get into and hold the crow pose:




It actually looks a lot harder than it is. It involves some upper arm strength but it's mainly a balance posture. My abs were a bit sore after doing prone roll ins on a ball on Wednesday, so could really feel this in the same place!

I was getting a bit irritable and hungry by the end of the yoga so think I will do it on my day off next time instead of after my cardio. That way I can relax and enjoy it without distraction.

Lately for my breakfast I have been having quinoa pancakes - quinoa flour, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, xylitol - topped with berries and organic dark agave syrup. I don't eat artificial sweetener, so sugar-free maple syrup is out for me. Agave syrup is similar in calories to maple syrup, but the glycemic index is much lower (19 for agave syrup, 54 for maple syrup), and it's also very thick and sweet, so you don't need much.

1 comment:

Ali said...

What a yummy sounding breaky!!

Agave is great isn't it, I have the light one at present, I am the yet to try darker one.

I'm going to have to try that pose, it looks very impressive ;)

Hope you have a great weekend,

Ali xxx