Friday, July 4, 2008

Food Sleuth

This week, by choice, I've had no gluten and very little dairy (except a little homemade kefir (from lactose-free milk) on my quinoa/buckwheat porridge. Also no whey. This morning we went out for brunch. I had bircher muesli and fruit toast, two of my faves (but also trigger foods that I don't keep in the house). I then had some haloumi cheese from my husband's brekkie and a skinny flat white. Felt bloated after breakfast, then was a bit 'irregular' this evening. My mum told me when I was a baby I couldn't tolerate much milk, and I know I get bloated sometimes when having cheese, milk or cottage cheese. I'm OK with yoghurt and we only have lactose-free milk at home. But I've also noticed that a lot of my trigger foods seem to involve grains. More investigation required.

1 comment:

Sue Heintze said...

Charlotte, your blog is awesome! Love the main pic, very artistic -and nice back!! You are doing the Vic Titles in October?

Sue
www.idealbodiesonline.com