Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bigger is Better

Having bigger meals during the day yesterday definitely helped with my evening munchies last night. I arrived home at 6.30pm and didn't need dinner until 7.30pm - and it was fish and veges instead of cereal. I'm basically having four biggish meals a day at the moment:
Breakfast (postworkout)
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
plus a milk coffee thrown in there somewhere as well (am back to drinking it but only have one a day)

I slept really well last night, woke up before my alarm and hit the gym again this morning to do legs and a hill walk, then headed home to walk TJ. I'm still trying to get my timing right with my new routine. Picking the little apples off our tree and grating them for breakfast is taking too much time in the morning so will try and do it the evening before instead. A squeeze of lemon juice should stop the grated apple going brown.

Food so far today:
postworkout: Healtheries apple and raisin bircher muesli with yoghurt and grated apple
mid morning: skinny flat white

To come:
lunch: Burgen bread with smoked trout, avocado, red onion and cos lettuce; peach
snack: vanilla yoghurt, macadamias, apricots
dinner: tandoori chicken, veggies

2 comments:

Magda said...

I have to agree with the bigger meals. I'm eating a really filling lunch and then I'm usually ok until dinner time about 6 hours later. Yeah I'm hungry for it but I'm not looking to pick on stuff all afternoon because lunch wasnt satisfying.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, yes I'm enjoying eating a big meal then not thinking about food for a few hours. The thing about small meals throughout the day is I feel hungry throughout the day too.