Sunday, September 13, 2009

This Week's Affirmation and Meal Plan

This Week's Affirmation
Food is a source of relaxation and joy

This Week's Meal Plan
If it gives you any indication of how my mind works, I've changed my mind three times about what I want to eat this coming week. I have my fruit and veg delivered on Friday, so on Wednesday I started thinking about what I wanted to make and so what to order. My delivery arrived on Friday morning, but on Saturday night I altered my plan (have been a bit low in energy with just a shake between walking and training in the mornings and thought that eggs and legumes might be better, and I also decided I wanted to try reintroducing some dairy, in the form of sheep products), then on Sunday afternoon I started thinking again about the order of my meals (I had planned to move my workouts to the afternoon as I often feel like having a sleep afterwards instead of working, but decided I really prefer to train in the mornings, when it's quieter). So you can see why sometimes I feel like food rules my life - I'm constantly thinking about it.

So, my plan for this week is to...
*get up and go for a walk
*come home and eat eggs, legumes and veges
*go to the gym
*come home and eat some protein, starch, veges and a little fruit
*have another meal like this if my body is still burning/I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my work
*rest of meals will be lean protein, veges, good fats
*one meal will contain some sheep yoghurt
*one meal will contain some sheep fetta

That's as planned as it's going to get for this week.

Next week I won't plan any meals in advance. From now on I am going to get a box of seasonal fruit and veges delivered, and the contents will be a surprise. That should eliminate the food thinking on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Then I just have to decide what to make with the contents once it arrives. But again, I'm not going to plan anything too far in advance. It'll just be a case of 'I've got x meat in the freezer. That would go nicely with the x in the vege bin'. And I've got a plan to deal with the meat too - I found an organic meat website that does seasonal hampers (more lamb in spring, etc). So I can have some nice meat in the freezer and nice veges in the fridge and I just have to decide the night before what I feel like eating the next day. Easy!

No comments: