Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday = Cooking Day

Had a sleep-in until about 9am this morning. Rob went off to training, and since our Coles (supermarket) delivery was due between 9.30am and 1.30pm I got dressed so I wouldn't be in my PJs when it arrived. I had brekky and did housework until it turned up. Once the delivery was unpacked I had something else to eat then made meals 2, 3 and 4 in bulk for next week. I had some quinoa to use up, and eggplants were on special this week (delivered as part of my organic fruit and vege order on Friday) so I based my meals around those two things.

Planned food for next week:

M1 Vital Greens, pea protein, Banana Flax Oatmeal with Toasted Walnuts (am going to try reintroducing some lactose-free milk at breakfast after being off dairy for the last two weeks)

M2 Chicken and veges with quinoa, inspired by Raechelle's Spring Vege & Chicken Risotto

M3 Vegetable Lentil Pate (veges, lentils, eggs), a Gourmet Nutrition recipe

M4 Eggplant in a meat sauce, plus mashed garlic cauliflower (both Precision Nutrition recipes)

M5 carob protein, cacao powder, xylitol and nut butter made into a 'pudding', kale chips

Our kitchen has a bench that faces into the living area, so I had Sound Relief on Foxtel while I was cooking. The Melbourne line-up has been awesome, but being a Kiwi I really enjoyed seeing Liam Finn and Crowded House, and am looking forward to Split Enz later.

5 comments:

Magda said...

Hey Charlotte, we saw the Finns here last Sunday for our WOMAD festival. Neil and his boys. They were fantastic.

Magda

Raechelle said...

9am?!!! Wow-you should be caught up on the sleep now girl!
Looking forward to your review of the risotto! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we were both doing the same thing yesterday. Or should I say that my husband was, he's the chef in this house. We did out weekly trip into vic markets, then the local supermarket before coming home and cooking up a storm.

At least our nutrition is organised for the week ahead. ;o)

Lia xxx

Anonymous said...

Oooh Carob protein. Thanks for posting your meals I love reading what you're cooking up each week. Just finished my cookup. I think I"m getting faster at it!

Tara said...

I wish I had your patience and motivation regarding cooking Charlotte. I go with boring old steamed vegies and grilled chicken. I am a boring creature of habit when it comes to comp prep cooking. How is ur prep coming along?