Friday, February 1, 2008

A Better Day Today

After having an evening nap yesterday I was awake until the wee hours, but made myself get up at a decent hour to try and get back into a routine again.

Hit the gym this morning and did legs followed by bike intervals. Am enjoying my deadlifts at the moment. Need to find my straps though as the weight is starting to slip out of my hands by the fourth or fifth rep, even with a mixed grip.

Today was mostly about nutrition for me. I went into the Australian College of Natural Medicine to check out a Nutritional Medicine course I'm interested in doing, then spent some time in their bookshop. I picked up a book on juices, and am looking forward to trying some of the recipes in it. I also went to Evelyn Faye Nutrition and picked up a few things, mostly gluten-free food and supplements for my husband. Stopped at the David Jones food hall for a late lunch, as I know they always have a great selection of high-quality food there (the meal I had brought with me was still frozen). Got myself a chicken, mango and snowpea salad and enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine to eat it. After that it was off to the Queen Vic markets to get some food for the weekend. Unfortunately most of the stalls were closing by the time I got there, but I managed to get some limes, avocadoes and kiwifruit for a smoothie I want to try tomorrow.

Have been bit hungry this evening - training legs in the morning does that to me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same problem with deadlifts.

Lisa said...

Charlotte,

If you can get chalk for your hands it is a better option. also you can do singles (ie each rep of a set as a single rep), this is also a great way to ensure correct form on each lift.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I had a look at the nutritional medicine course, it looks really good. What line of work are you in at the minute?

Hope you are having a great weekend

Ali said...

Good luck with the nutritional course if you go ahead with it, bet that it will be interesting.

Hope your having a wonderful weekend,

Ali xxx

Tara said...

i am intrigued at your ingredients for your smoothie Charlotte. Avocado?? How did it end up tasting? Glad to hear that you are getting back into a routine.

Have a great weekend :o)

Em said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day :)
Can't wait to hear how the new juice book goes :)
Good luck with the course hope you have a lovely week :)
Em:)

Kie said...

Have you ever read the Changing Lives Changing Habits cook book by Cyndi O'meara it has some awesome gluten free recipe's in it especially bread, as your hubby and probably you know gluten free bread is yuk. Any how if you havent and want the bread recipe I have it. Take care
Kiexx