Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eggs

Have been trying out lots of different egg recipes lately - all whites or with a yolk or two, with cheese or without cheese, with added oil or without. Finally worked out a recipe that I'm really happy with and I think I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Frittata
(makes 4 serves)

Ingredients
spray oil
1 onion, diced
12 egg whites
4 whole eggs
1 zucchini, grated
60g sundried tomatoes, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced (chargrilled is great if you have time)
50g extra sharp grated parmesan cheese

Method
1. Preheat oven to hot (I have a slow gas oven and have it around 225 C)
Spray 8" x 8" glass casserole dish with oil, throw in diced onion and place in oven to soften while you are preparing remaining ingredients.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
3. Remove casserole dish from oven and pour mixture over onions.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked in the center.
5. Allow to cool slightly then cut into four squares.

Each square is approx 231 cals, 8.5g fat, 24.5g protein, 13.5g carb

1 comment:

Em said...

That sounds like a great rercipe hun, I reckon trying out recipes is a fantastic why create new foods that are tasty and healthy.
I have been trying some recipes from fit for consumption and boy am I enjoying myself LOL

Hope the rest of your week flies by so you can enjoy the weekend hun :)
Em:)