Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Listening to my Body

After cutting my workout short yesterday I decided to have a few less carbs than usual, figuring I wouldn't need them since my body hadn't worked as hard as usual. However, lying in bed last night trying to get to sleep I could feel myself getting more and more irritable - how romantic, LOL. I know that when I get irritable it's usually a sign my body's craving carbs. While I want to stay lean in the off-season, I'm not willing to put up with being irritable to do so - I'll keep that for when I'm dieting for a show, LOL. So up I got, and found some sprouted grain fruit bread leftover from Christmas in the freezer. Toasted two pieces of that, topped them with a thin smear of fruit spread and a couple of dollops of cottage cheese. First bite put a smile on my face. Interesting to note that my weights were up in the gym this morning too. This happened a couple of weeks ago as well, when I had a treat on Sunday night then hit the gym strong on Monday morning. Since I usually only have a protein shake with fruit and some nuts before training, perhaps I'm not getting enough carbs to fuel my workouts? Maybe I need to eat more the night before or have a bigger breakfast. Will have to play around with this.

Slept pretty well last night, apart from having to get up to let the cat out, then back in again (no cat flap, and no mozzie screens on the windows, so not keen to leave them open all night). Didn't feel too tired this morning though. Motivation to get to the gym was fairly low, but I made it. Once there I did pretty well to begin with, upping the weights on my squats, but my enthusiasm rapidly waned again. Cardio today was another long walk after weights.

Need something to boost my motivation a bit. Hopefully attending the Get Ready seminar in a couple of weeks will help with this.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Charlotte,

It is so great to see you experimenting with what works for you. You need to fuel your body to grow, and everyone needs different things.

Go hard!!

Lisa

Magda said...

Hi Charlotte,

take a good look through your before and after photos. I find that usually works a treat :-)

Cheers

Magda

Raechelle said...

It's great how in tune you are with your body! That's half the battle really!
I love the pic below-it's one of my fav's!

Em said...

It's all about finding what works without sacrificing too much and as you said why be irriatable now in off season when you need to save the for on season LOL
Hope your havoing a great day hun:)
Em:)

Tara said...

Hiya Charlotte, I hope that you find your motivation again :o) That sucks having no mozzie screens too :o( I hate having no air flowing through of an evening.

Have a great day tomorrow.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Well done on listening to your body, it can be hard at times but you are definately in tune with what is going on and how your are feeling.

Hope you had a great day