Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Alcohol and Me

I've realised that if I drink in a situation where you can help yourself to food, I'll keep going back for more and my choices will often be less than ideal. After feeling blah about myself following my Christmas drinking and eating I decided not to drink on New Year's Eve, as we were going to be going to a barbecue. I knew I would be fine with my food choices if I didn't drink, and I didn't want to wake up on New Year's Day feeling worse about myself, so I had an alcohol-free night. I was the only person at the BBQ not drinking, apart from the kids and a pregnant woman. I took along some salmon and asparagus to put on the grill, and stuck to that. No chips, cheese or chocolate fountain for me. Though I was sorely tempted to try dipping a marshmallow in the chocolate fountain! But I knew that once I started, one wouldn't be enough. It was great to wake up this morning and feel good about myself. Hope everyone else is having a good start to their new year!

6 comments:

Claudine said...

Charlotte!
You are sooo strong! :)
Happy New Year xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well done on being so strong on NYE.

Happy New Year

Cat

Magda said...

Hi Charlotte,

I gave in and had a glass of Moet on NYE. What a surprise when I didnt enjoy it. (Stiil ate a bit too much that night - but for other reasons).

Happy New Year and stick with your good decisions.

Cheers

Magda

Em said...

Good on you hun :)
I have learnt that i cannot stop at just one no matter what i have been drinking LOL
have a great start to your new year hun, hope you have some big things planned cause i reckon this is going to be the biggest and best year for us all :)
Em:)

Lisa said...

After a while, you won't even notice...well done!

Raechelle said...

What a fabulous start to your new year! Well Done!