Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Mexican Week!

My husband is trying to lose some bodyfat at the moment, and he loves Mexican food. I know how important it is to enjoy your food while you are dieting, so this week we are having a Mexican theme, albeit slighly modified, since he is gluten and lactose intolerant.
Meal 1: protein shake and nuts
Meal 2: protein and carb drinks at gym
Meal 3: chilli and potato, piece of fruit
Meal 4: fajita-style chicken (chicken strips stir-fried with onion, red peppers and green peppers and served with guacamole)
Meal 5: chilli and nuts, piece of fruit
Meal 6: fajita-style chicken
Meal 7: chicken 'enchilada' (chicken, onion, garlic, red pepper, tomato inside a egg-white 'tortilla' and topped with salsa)

I cooked the chilli and chicken in advance, so during the week the only meal that really needs to be prepared each day is the last one. I suspect we'll be sick of chicken by the end of this week though. Am thinking of having something with fish next week.

I'm enjoying doing lower reps again, and my husband has joined my gym too, so it's been great having someone there to help me get the weights up, or give me a spot if I need one. Well, for upper body anyway - I haven't convinced him to do a leg workout with me yet, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of a themed week. Sounds very yummy

Raechelle said...

I'm curious about the egg white "tortilla"....sounds yummy!

Tara said...

hiya Charlotte, reading that made me very very hungry :o) Hope you have a wonderful mexican week :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Raechelle, it's nothing very exciting I'm afraid. I just make a thin egg-white omelette, kind of like a crepe, and use that to put the filling in. You could always add yolks or coriander to the whites to make it taste more interesting

Em said...

Love the theme idea i should try this in my home :)
I hope hubby and you enjoy yourself training together :)
Have a great day hun :)
Em:)