Saturday, January 26, 2008

Craving Broccoli

I thought I would get sick of chicken after eating this week's Mexican meals, but I haven't had the variety of vegetables that I usually do, and I'm craving broccoli, of all the weird things. So this week's menu is aimed at putting a range of veges back into my diet. Thought I would just list ingredients this time round...
Meal 1: pear, spinach, almonds, green tea, yoghurt, protein powder
Meal 2: protein and carb drinks at gym
Meal 3: beef, onion, garlic, basil, olives, tomatoes, eggplant, wholemeal pasta
Meal 4: chicken, leek, carrot, red pepper, pumpkin, broccoli
Meal 5: beef, onion, garlic, basil, olives, tomatoes, eggplant, nuts, apple
Meal 6: as for meal 4
Meal 7: egg whites, whole egg, garlic, chilli, ginger, mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper, spring onions, coriander

The first meal is a variation on the energy booster, from the Food Coach website. I don't use the parsley in that recipe, and instead of almond milk I just chuck some whole almonds and cold green tea into the blender. I also add half a cup of yoghurt and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. It's yum!

Work is quiet for me at the moment, so I'm making the most of the opportunity to catch up on my sleep and put all my energy into my training. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekends. Now that I've planned out my menu I'm off to buy what I need and do a big cook-up for the week. Cheers!

4 comments:

Em said...

Sounds like one yummy week ahead for you hun :)
Hope your having a great weekend :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very yummy week ahead. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the comment :) I''m hoping the lack of weight movement is a TTOM thing. lol. I'll be expecting a good result next week!

And I sure did enjoy the walks this weekend- hasnt the weather been awesome!! Stupid me forgot the sunscreen but and I've got lobster arms atm- lucky I wore a hat!

That milkshake sounds interesting- can you taste the spinach, or is it more a sweet drink?

Hope you have a good week aswell :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Melanie, because the pear and protein powder are both sweet, you can't really taste the spinach, it just makes the drink green, LOL.