Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Relaxing Day

Had a lovely sleep-in this morning after training legs last night. Today is a rest day from the gym, so we got up and had our protein shakes then headed off to the park for a walk with our dog, TJ. I used to walk him all the time when he was a puppy, but he weighs about the same as me now and it's a real workout to control him sometimes, so now my husband walks him and I trail along behind them, trying to keep up, LOL. TJ found another dog to play with at the watering hole, so that tuckered him out a bit. He kept wanting to stop for a rest on the way home, which was fine by me!

After we got back from the park I did my 30-minute core yoga DVD. I haven't done it for a while and found it hard but enjoyable. Then it was time for breakfast. I haven't had cereal for ages so this morning it was Bran Flakes, yoghurt and vanilla protein powder all mixed together, with berries on top - yum.

I usually try and wait about an hour after eating to have a coffee, so I don't hinder the absorbtion of iron in my meal, so I sat with hubby while he ate his meal, then we washed and dried the dishes, and put the coffee on to perk. We took our coffee outside and had a good chat while enjoying the sunshine. TJ sat with us chewing on an old bit of bone, which I think was the remnants of the one in this pic.


So the first part of my day was all about having some quality time with my family, and it was a very relaxing way to start the day.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds like you had a great day :) I love sleep in occasionally, Your dog is so CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day. Gorgeous photo of your dog.

Lisa said...

How relaxing. I can feel the peace thru your writng.

Lisa

RaeC said...

Sounds like the perfect way to start the day to me!! I've enjoyed reading your last few posts and think it's a great idea that you are giving other people ideas on how to eat healthy yet enjoyable. Too many people think eating clean is about denying yourself and living off grilled chicken and steamed green veg. It really is about using your imagination and coming up with new and improved ideas of preparing your meals and what kind of vege's you add in to keep things interesting.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Raechelle said...

What a great day! I wish my internal body clock would let me sleep in once in a while-but 5:30 is about as late as it gets LOL!
I'm sure the rest of your week was great after a lovely day like that. Cheers!

Em said...

I'm relaxed just reading your post hehe
Your doggy is so cute :)
Have a great afternoon hun :)
Em:)