Monday, November 19, 2007

Graham Schnell's garlic chicken

For Em :-)

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts

6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp black peppercorns
2 tsps salt
4 whole plants of fresh coriander (I take this to mean 4 bundles joined by roots in a bunch, rather than 4 bunches)
4 Tbsps lemon juice

Method
Crush garlic and coarsely crush peppercorns (can use a mortar and pestle or blender for the pepper but I tend to take the lazy option and just use my pepper grinder, until I have about a Tbsp's worth.)

Wash coriander and finely chop the lot, roots, stems and leaves.

Mix all marinade ingredients together and rub well into the chicken (I usually just chuck everything together into a large snaplock bag and roll it all around).

Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour - overnight if possible.

Grill or BBQ chicken pieces. Serve with a simple salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, a small red onion and red or green capsicums. Dress with a little vinaigrette.

6 comments:

Em said...

Hi Charlotte,
Thankyou for the recipe this sounds very tasty and very easy :)
I'm going to the shops tomorrow i will be having a very tasty dinner tomorrow night then :)
Em:)

Charlotte Orr said...

You're welcome Em. Enjoy!

Dianna Broeren said...

Pretty please can you post your lamb shank recipe : )

I am drooling as I type!
Di

Raechelle said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'll be trying it out for our weekend bbq-looks super easy and tasty!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Raechelle, hope you like it! Let me know what you think. Cheers, C

Raechelle said...

Tried it out friday night-definitely tasty-but hubby over-cooked it on the grill so it was a tad dry-thanks again-always love new recipes!