Monday, November 19, 2007

46 Weeks to Go

Got all my workouts in last week, just! And had at at least eight hours sleep every night except two, so that's one better than the week before. Once I've gone a week with at least eight hours sleep every night I'm going to reward myself with a trip to the hairdresser. My hair really needs it so I better start getting some more early nights! Weights sessions are going really well, making small improvements in weight or reps each time. I'm making a real effort to go to failure with each set - my husband would be proud of me, LOL. That's one thing he always used to hassle me about when we trained together - stopping when I got to the required number of reps instead of when I couldn't continue with good form.

Keeping a food log and recording my weight regularly has also shown me some interesting things. I train in the mornings and tend to be hungry the rest of the day, and am then lighter the next morning. On a nontraining day I'm not so hungry, and am heavier the next morning. Common sense really, but something I didn't really think about until I started recording my numbers. This week I'm increasing my cals a touch again, with a little extra on training days to see if I can fix the hunger.

Eating has been going really well. After being restricted with my diet for so long I've found having heaps of variety is keeping me pretty satisfied. I didn't end up having a treat last week. I had thought about a few things I wanted at the start of the week, but the week went by so fast and by last night I realised that that I hadn't had any of them - I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything though. Am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for treat foods over the next few weeks.

Goals for this week:
Tue Upper Body + cardio done
Wed Lower Body + cardio no, overstretched hip muscle doing yoga on Sun, and was still too sore to do legs today
Thu walk dog & do yoga walked dog but didn't do yoga
Fri Upper Body + cardio; plan meals for the following week done
Sat Lower Body + cardio; food shopping done
Sun walk dog & do yoga walked dog but didn't do yoga
Mon prepare lunches for the week did on Sun!

Every day I must also:
Journal my eating yes
Go to technical failure in the gym yes
Get at least 8 hours sleep no, stayed up late one night

4 comments:

Em said...

HI darl :)
So where are you competing next?
Sounds like your doing well in the gym, I miss the gym but now that we have moved into the country i don't have time to hit the gym. So i have started a home gym can't wait to add some new equipment to it :)
I've been a good girl so i think Santa might bring me some new equipment :)
Em:)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Em, I will be competing in Melbourne in October. I work from home so I like getting out of the house and going to the gym - that way I get a bit of social interaction. Hope Santa brings you the equipment you're after!

Claudine said...

Even if your goal seems so far away, you know time will fly and each step you make every day is in the right direction.

Keeping a record everythig you eat and how you train is motivating - but not only that- you'll be able to refer to it for any future comp!

I'm glad I blogged on everything and anything... I'm feeling safer for the next one :)

Em said...

Lovely i hope to see you on stage :)
I am all geared up for the female classics and was also thinking of attending the october show :)
I think i've been a good girl so fingers crossed for some shiney new weights :)
Em:)