Tuesday, September 4, 2007

4.5 weeks to go

Am feeling much better this week. Apparently my body was just getting used to the adjustment of the loss of carbs. I've had lots of work on lately, so I'm feeling a bit tired but am aiming to catch up on my sleep and practice my routine this week. Have noticed I've been doing a few ditzy things on my low-carb days: starting to do something then forgetting what it was, and being clumsy (or more so than usual). I'm also really feeling the cold at the moment. Have gone to bed fully clothed with my beanie on the last couple of nights, very sexy - not! Have had the odd feeling of 'am I going to be ready in time' as I usually do about this far out, but I know lots of changes start happening about the 4-week mark so am not stressing about it too much.

Weight: 55.8kg. Not much change in this department. My body is playing its usual tricks.

Food: Have learnt an important lesson in balancing my macros. When planning my day's meals, I plug the meals I want into my Excel spreadsheet. One of the meals usually includes egg whites. If my macros for the day are over, I now take an egg white out, if they are under, I add one in - simple! I don't miss an egg white or two, and it's much easier than trying to fiddle round with grams of chicken here and there.

Drink: The volume of water I'm drinking per day is slowly creeping closer to the 4L a day I'm supposed to be having. Doing the extra bit of cardio is making me thirstier.

Supplements: Have added in a calcium supplement as I'm probably not getting enough through my diet at the moment.

Training: Last show I did splits until the week before my show, but as of Monday I started doing full body programmes 3 x per week, circuit style. Will be interesting to see if that helps me with my energy.

Cardio: Still 4 x 40min per week. Will do on the days I don't do weights.

To do this week:
1.Practice routine!
2.Take progress and posing pics

4 comments:

RaeC said...

GO CHARLOTTE!! Getting toward the pointy end of comp prep now... it's so exciting!! WOO HOO!! xxx

Ali said...

hi Charlotte! I love your profile pic, I could really relate to diet mishaps, we use our membership cards to sign in to the gym and today I tried to sign in with my credit card, deeerr. all the very best with the rest of your comp prep!

Alixx

Splice said...

Great work!
Gotta love egg white, they make life easier that's for sure.
Posing practise, yes that's at the top of my list aswell.
Take care,
Deb

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Rae, Ali and Deb! I appreciate your support. Cheers, Charlotte