Sunday, September 23, 2007

2 weeks to go

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to look different this year. I am not as lean as I was before, but I am fuller, so at least I won't look as tiny as I have done in the past.

Ditzy moment of the week: So the other morning I got ready to go to the gym and couldn't find my keys anywhere. I looked in all the usual places, but nothing. I tried to think of when I last used them, and it was coming in the front door the night before. Sure enough, when I opened the front door, there they were, hanging out of the keyhole. So I'd been asleep in the house all night, with the keys in the front door. Plus my husband is away at the moment. Lucky I have a big dog in the house with me. In fact I think he is the reason I left the keys in the door in the first place - he was so excited to see me when I got home I could barely get inside. Well, that's my excuse anyway!

Weight: 53.8kg. Not much change on the scale since last week but have seen a few changes visually. Can finally start to see the muscles in my quads, yay! Will change things up a bit this coming week to try and get more definition.

Food: Yawn. I was trying to give myself variety by having a different source of protein at each meal of the day. On Saturday I was busy and had some cooked chicken to use up so ended up having chicken and beans for three of my five meals, and chicken and baby spinach for the fourth. And I didn't mind. It was actually easier than having to prepare five different meals.

This coming week I will be losing what little protein powder I've been having, so looks like I'll be having egg whites before I head off to the gym in the mornings. Not sure I can face chicken or fish at 6am. Will cut carbs back to one serve every third day (Mon, Thu and Sun).

Training: My energy levels have been a bit lower this week, but that could be because of the time of the month. I struggled to get to the gym on Friday and piked out of my last set of circuit training. From Monday I am going to up my reps from 10 to 12 so will see if that helps.

Cardio: Will add 4 30min cardio sessions, so will be doing 60-90min per day (60min on weights days, 90mins other days).

Water: 5L a day from Monday.

To do this week:
1 Keep practising posing and routine. Take pics/video.
2 Make appointments for week of show: waxing, nails, hair.
3 Pick up lollies, salted almonds, cheap jandals (dog ate last pair, grrrr)

Treats I Want After the Show:
1 Lemon meringue pie
2 Circa Snickers

4 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Charlotte,

yes I guess we're a wierd lot as we fret over whether we'll be "stage ready". People at work are telling me I'm very thin so I must be getting close but you cant go by what "normal people" say, can you?? LOL

Its interesting reading about your prep as its a bit different to mine but I'm told "there's more than 1 way to prepare for a show" so I'm trusting Josh to get me there in "his way".

Cheers Magda

Claudine said...

I am starting to feel dizzy too... we must be exhausted. I know there is a lot to think about and to prepare, but try to rest also :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, I did two shows last year and had a different trainer for each. The method I'm using this year is the one that worked best for me last year. It is always interesting to see how people do things differently though.

Hi Claudine, I'll be fine once I start carbing up :-)

Ali said...

I'll have cheese cake;)... after comp that is.

Sounds like your going along very well!! Thats great that your quads are coming out, you'll get more definition every day now ;)

alixxx