Sunday, September 9, 2007

4 weeks to go!




This is probably the best I've felt physically and mentally this close to a show. I know it's only going to get harder from here, but having had a fairly good time of it so far means I can head into the next four weeks with a positive attitude. I had a back massage on Friday night and had the best sleep afterwards, so am feeling nice and relaxed now.

Weight: 55.4kg.

Food: As of today carb rotation is droppping to two carb meals on the first day, one on the second, none on the third, then repeat. Dairy is now out, so is any processed food (sauces etc), and my protein powder is going to be used sparingly. Still going to have one serve of low-GI fruit a day, probably an apple on weight-training days and berries other days.

Drink: At least 4L a day, preferably 5L. My aim is to get through a 1L bottle before each meal.

Training: The circuits are killers but I'm doing a different one each week so I'm getting plenty of variety in my workouts. At least it's fairly quiet in the gym at 6.30am so I can go from one exercise to another without worrying too much about anyone being on the equipment I want to use.

Cardio: Increasing to 6 x 50 minutes.

Posing: Ahem. Here I was thinking I was doing fine, posing in front of the mirror, but snap a pic of me and I can see plenty of things wrong. Will have to start doing the poses then looking in the mirror to see if I got it right. It's not like I'm going to have a mirror when I'm on stage, LOL.

To do this week: Register for show

5 comments:

Claudine said...

This is sooooooooo exciting!!!
I admire your courage and motivation. I too will be competing, but in november, and it is for the first time... Wooowooo!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Claudine, thanks for visiting! Good luck for your show! Cheers, Charlotte

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're on top of things, it definitely pays to be organised especially in the last few weeks. Keep up the great work and don't lose sight of your goals. :o)

RaeC said...

Looking HAWT!! Only 4 weeks to go... OMG!! Hehehe... did your tummy do backflips then when you read that??? Mine does when someone says things like that closer to comp... LOL!! I hear you on the mirror front... somehow when you don't have a mirror, what you see you look like in your head in the pose is nothing like it actually looks like!! I've tried a couple of things and then when I've turned and tried them out in the mirror it's like... uh no... that does NOT work... LOL!! You're going great!! xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Lia, I feel like I am juggling lots of balls at the moment, so making lists always helps!

Hi Rae, yes am getting butterflys every so often now! Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers, Charlotte