Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Had a good workout on Christmas Eve and then had some Christmas mince pies for my post workout carbs. Also a little bit of fudge and some chocolate-covered macadamias. Our gym is open today but I am going to be spending the day at home with friends and family, so have planned a lower carb menu since I won't be training. I am hoping that by blogging pics of what I eat today I will be more mindful of the amount that I eat at each meal - because I have been known to go back for fifths of dessert, LOL. I will try to post pics throughout the day.

Breakfast, 9.30am

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on grilled eggplant

Snack, 1.30pm

Protein powder and yoghurt, almonds, Vital Greens

Lunch, 4.30pm

Barbecue garlic beef fillet, salad with avocado and fetta

Snack, 7pm

Ham, brie cheese, egg, cherries

Pre-Dinner Nibbles, 9pm

Cashews

Dinner, 10pm

Pickled pork, pineapple, carrots, parsnips, cabbage, cheese sauce

Snack, 11.30pm

Chocolate-coated ginger

Drinks:
- 2 coffees
- 1 glass champagne
- 3 glasses sparkling shiraz
- 1 glass pinot gris
- 1.5L sparkling mineral water
- 2 glasses diet coke
- 1 decaf coffee

A successful day for me food-wise. By being accountable to my blog (and therefore mindful of what I was eating), I learnt that I can eat the same way on Christmas day that I do on any other day. My protein portions were probably a bit bigger than normal (especially breakfast) but at no stage did I feel stuffed, or that my eating was out of control. I also proved to myself that I can drink alcohol in moderation (roughly 1 glass with each meal) without it affecting my eating. The other thing that helped this year was that I didn't volunteer to do a dessert, so I didn't have one of my favourites to tempt me. Rob's cousin made a trifle, but it's not something that I would normally choose to eat, so it was easy to pass up. Plus I had Christmas mince pies last night, so that kept me pretty happy. Now to do it all again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shar said...

what a fantastic post Charlotte!! What a tasty day of food without vearing of course and over indulging.
Do you think it helped you?
shar xx

Jessica said...

Charlotte,

Merry Christmas!!! Your food looks absolutely delicious! :) Yum!

Thanks for sharing and nice job on your eats!

Jess

Sue Heintze said...

Yum! Your meals look great! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Charlotte. Are you training with CS? I found my injury niggles improved greatly with the training programs he devised for me.

Sue
www.idealbodiesonline.com

Anonymous said...

I think logging your food for the day was a brilliant idea Charlotte. I was checking in throughout the day to see what you'd eaten so it obviously worked.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)