Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Choosing Healthier Alternatives - T-minus 21

Date: Monday 29 December

Thought for today: Instead of worrying about eliminating bad habits, focus on adopting good ones

Weight: 64.2kg (water retention from carbs over the weekend)
I am trying to gain muscle at the moment so am eating above maintenance but expect scale weight to come down a bit as I clean up my act.

Exercise:
Incidental: walk to shops to get eggs for breakfast
Planned: weight training: incline bench press, front squats, DB row, Bulgarian split squats
One benefit of the water retention from the weekend is increased leverage in my lifts. Got a PB in incline bench press - woot!

Meal Compliance: 6/6
Rob had his 'chocolate biscuit night' - once a week he eats two packets of D'lush gluten-free chocolate biscuits. I usually 'help' him eat them - I think they taste better than Tim Tams! Hard to stop at one (or two or three) though. Luckily I was at the gym when he had his first packet, and then was starting on my evening oats when he opened his second packet, so wasn't tempted.

My organic fruit and vege box arrived this morning so here's what I've got to play with this week:
avocado
baby spinach
bok choy
cabbage
cauliflower
celery
corn on cob
cucumber
leek
mushrooms
oak leaf lettuce
onions
potato
pumpkin
salad mix
spring onion
sweet potato
tomato
yellow squash
zucchini

apricots
bananas
cherries
honeydew melon
kiwifruit
mango
nectarines
oranges
rockmelon
watermelon

1 comment:

Tara said...

hiya Charlotte, sounds like you are going well. I was wondering what those biscuites tasted like. might give them a go one of these days ;o) yum @ ur fruit and vegie box! Have a great NYE! xx