Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Program!

I've spent the last four weeks or so addressing some structural, flexibility and strength issues. I now have more of a curve in my lower back, my hamstring flexibility is much improved, and my instable shoulder is feeling much stronger. I was training legs consistently throughout this phase, but did little in the way of heavy upper body work, focusing instead on external rotations and scapular retraction to strengthen my shoulder. On Monday I started on a new program to gain muscle and am really enjoying getting back into the heavy lifting. Needless to say, my upper body was pretty sore on Tuesday, especially my back (and I only did two sets of rows for my back!). Trained again yesterday and slept really well last night. Rob said he was a bit tired this morning because he was up after the cat a couple of times during the night - I didn't hear a thing!

2 comments:

ss2306 said...

Bloody cats! Mine was scratching at the door at 3.30 am this morning wanting to be fed because no-one fed her last night. Needless to say I've been up since then and am now getting tired. I think an arvo nap is in order.

Glad you're training's going well Charlotte.

Shaboom said...

Go the heavy weights! lol I agree, It is a nice feeling to train heavy and mix the training up.