Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday and Friday done, almost

Didn't post yesterday as I was feeling a bit uncertain about how things were going. My final week this week is different to what I've done in the past (which was carb deplete and water load, then carb load and water deplete). This time round I'm doing a sodium deplete, potassium load. This would usually involve eating normally up until Thursday, then lowering sodium and increasing potassium on the Friday (apparently if sodium is lowered and potassium increases, potassium draws water from under the skin and into the muscles). However, because my diet consists pretty much of unprocessed foods, it's quite low in sodium to start with. So for the sodium/potassium switch to work I have had to increase my sodium to 'normal' levels the last few days. Which, along with the training I've done this week, has made me retain water. Not the look I'm going for. Started taking potassium about lunchtime today, and still have some more to take tonight and tomorrow morning, so hopefully I will be looking a bit tighter in the morning.

Have enjoyed having my hair and eyelashes done today though. Still want to practise my routine, then do nails and redo my bikini straps, so will sign off now.

Thanks to my family for their support this week!

8 comments:

ss2306 said...

Good luck Charlotte.

Unfortunately I can't make it down now but will be thinking of you.

I'm sure you're going to look absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see some pics.

Best wishes and have fun

Luv Shelley

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK CHARLOTTE - I am positive you will look stunning on the day - PHOTO's!!!!! HUGE GOOD LUCK HUGS

Friday said...

Hey Charlotte... Best of luck babes. I'll be there cheering for you.
Cheers (pun NOT intended!)
xx

Tara said...

Best of luck for today Charlotte!! like the others, I can't wait to see pics :o)

Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck Charlotte!

Splice said...

Good Luck Charlotte, have a fabulous day and remember to update us when you can.
Deb

Anonymous said...

So.... where are the photos?
I hope you had a good day. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Update us hun! Did everything work with the different load and deplete? Can't wait to see the pics you always look stunning! Hope you had a great day.