Thursday, October 16, 2008

Post comp food

Post comp I had some treats on Sunday, then tried to get back into clean eating on Mon. I planned to have the week off training. By Wed night I'd had enough of being hungry (my metabolism is always racing after competing) and decided to eat what I wanted and take advantage of the extra food and have a killer workout on Thurs. That went well so ended up doing that for the past week. My hunger has abated a bit now, so am starting to get back on track with my eating, although food has been a bit odd this week. Our fridge started warming up late last week. Had someone come out to look at it on Tues, but in the meantime we'd been eating all the perishables before they went off. Turns out they needed to take the fridge away and give us a replacement, and that didn't happen until Thurs, so I've been walking down to the shops each morning to get half the day's food, then popping into the shops again after training in the afternoon to get the remainder of the day's food. As a result I have been eating more tinned food and protein powder than usual, but it's been nice not to do as much cooking.

Today's eats:
Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, veges, cheese, baked beans
Meal 2: yoghurt, protein powder, almonds
Meal 3: tuna, large salad, olive/flax oil, cashews
Meal 4: tuna, large salad, olive/flax oil, walnuts
train (recovery drink)
Meal 5: lean meat, stir-fry veges, wild rice, fruit
Meal 6: buckwheat pancakes (made with egg whites), fruit

Am training shoulders with Rob soon so better get going. Enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment:

Shaboom said...

What a bummer about your fridge! Have to agree though, nice to have a break from cooking. Hope your new training with hubby going well... hope he is working you hard :)