Saturday, June 7, 2008

Study: Cereal Aids Recovery After Exercise - Breakfast Cereal And Milk May Be Better Than Sports Drink

A whole grain cereal, in combination with skim milk, provides a complete post-workout recovery snack. Cereal and milk provide ample carbs for glycogen replacement. On top of that, dairy products are naturally high in the essential amino acid leucine, which has special muscle-building properties. Leucine actually helps "turn on" the reading of genes that eventually lead to synthesis of structural muscle proteins. read more

2 comments:

Tara said...

Charlotte, I feel the same way as you do sometimes about food. Off season, I never stray too far away from my set cals. I would love to have more variety in my meals but lack time and imagination. So I tend to stick to the things that I know are safe and within my set daily limits. drooling at the thought of cereal and milk. Can't wait for breakfast now!! I am having the Winners Protein Cereal atm. Love it!!

Hope ur having a wonderful weekend.

xxx

Em said...

Hi Charlotte :)
I love the idea of cereal and milk for post workouts:)
Em:)