Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Leg Circuit 3

On Saturday I did my third leg workout for the week.

For the first half I did a couple of rounds of an Alwyn Cosgrove style leg circuit:
Squats: 24 reps, going to parallel with every rep.
Alternating lunges: 12 reps each leg, maximal range of motion.
Alternating lunge jumps: 12 reps per leg, getting as high as possible and switching legs in the air.
Squat jumps: 24 reps, getting below parallel and then getting off the floor as high as possible.

The first two exercises were no problem. The last two were killers! I didn't quite make the required reps.

Followed that up with three rounds of the following circuit, 12-15 reps per exercise:
Single leg Romanian deadlift
Swiss ball leg curls
Swiss ball reverse hyperextensions
Swiss ball hip bridges

2 comments:

Kek said...

I've done that Cosgrove workout - it's NASTY. Those plyo moves are tough.... and you followed that up with more leg work??

I love to inflict it on clients, but I always use it as the finisher for a leg workout. If I'm feeling really mean, I make them do it twice. :o)

Charlotte Orr said...

I thought afterwards it would make a good finisher. Something to try another time!