Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cupcakes and Heavy Weights

Just finished proofreading a book on cupcakes. Forty-eight recipes with colour pics *drool*. Am meeting Rob at the gym this evening. Probably going to do back and shoulders.



Rob's always trained instinctively - never kept a training journal - just gets in there and goes as hard as he possibly can, and usually has to have a nap afterwards. I've followed programs since starting training for figure comps (July 2005), and after having a bit of a meltdown at the start of this year, I can't bear the thought of following a program. It kind of turns my stomach. I just want to get in there and enjoy myself without referring to a piece of paper and writing things down. I think it's the only way forward for me at the moment. I don't want to train for a purpose, I just want to train because I enjoy it.

Update: back from the gym. Just did shoulders - 4 sets of Arnold presses, 3 sets lat raises, 3 sets machine presses. Trained with my Skins top on and am going to sleep in in tonight. Hopefully I will be able to lift my arms above my head tomorrow!
PWO meal: kangaroo sausages, porridge with brown sugar.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Rob looks great. His back is much like Tim's (my fiance) and has a small waist to match.

I know what what you mean about programs. I got burnt out on them too and find I do just as well on my own - still seeing the desired changes...Good post.

Kek said...

Cupcakes???? What kind of evil torture is THAT?

And by the way, how many more cupcakes books do we actually need? LOL - the shelves seem to be full of them...

Raechelle said...

Good for you! Have fun with it! I get in moods where I keep a journal for a few weeks-just to see if I've gone up in weight. But, to do it all the time-BORING! Does take the fun out of just gettin' after it!