Friday, May 22, 2009

Best Friends and 'Rant'



Snapped this pic of TJ (dog) and Oscar (cat) sharing the sunshine on the couch this afternoon. TJ is really good natured, but today I was wondering if I should train him to attack on command. I was walking him through the park (he was off the lead) when a guy (think in his late teens) rode past me, then circled me a couple of times.
Guy: 'fancy a head job?'
Me: 'pardon?'
Guy: 'fancy a head job??'
Me: 'FUCK OFF!'

This is probably the third time this has happened to me - I was also propositioned in a similar manner when I was probably about seven or eight, and an old guy tried to grab me between the legs when I walked past him when I was about 15. In addition to this I was sexually abused by my (male) babysitter when I was about six. It just makes me wonder WHAT MAKES SOME MEN THINK THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS? FUCK OFF!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god you're okay. As for the rest of your post I'm gob smacked. No one, I mean no one should have to go through that Charlotte. xxx

Stephanie Davis said...

Oh Charlotte, I am so sorry to hear you have been treated like this! Apparently its as bad as 1 in 4 women in Oz will be sexually assaulted by the time they are 25 years- makes me soooo angry!

But anyway- That is a beautiful pic of your pets!

Becca said...

OMG CHARLOTTE THAT IS TERRIBLE!
I am glad that nothing further happened. While I have never been touched, I have been verbally approached and heard this type of thing many times in my life too and it always scares me that it will go further. I sometimes wonder how these men are able to make it in life without being shot or thrown in jail!!! Yes, keep TJ close to you - I don't think you have to train him to attack - I honestly believe if someone came too close or put their hands on you, he would do it if he sensed you were in trouble. Petey has lunged at my ex husband before when he grabbed me and Petey is the sweetest, best natured dog ever...

I am glad you are ok.
As for the picture, it looks straight out of a magazine!! Good job.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Lia, Steph and Becca. Appreciate your comments. Cheers, Charlotte

Jadey said...

I agree with Lia, I am gobsmacked, I can't believe you have gone through that. Wow, you are a one inspiring woman. You are amazing and deserve a beautiful life because you are amazing. I love the picture of your gorgeous pets, they are so beautiful, their coats are so shiny!

Hope you're well, been thinking of you lots just haven't blogged and left a comment. Take care and have a great week. xx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Jadey!

max said...

sorry to hear the news of the past but its good to see youve pulled thru many wouldnt-love max

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Max