Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Winter Exercise Tips

Uh oh, we've just turned the corner into winter with the end of daylight saving. I can feel the chill in the air now and the earlier nights setting in. With the colder weather, many people complain of poor motivation for exercise. 'Its dark when I finish work', 'it's too cold in the mornings' and 'it's too cold in the evenings to walk'.

Unfortunately many people also complain of weight gain during the winter months, whether it is due to lack of exercise, or eating 'heartier' meals or both. Exercise, however does not have to mean rugging up to brave the cold at 5am or getting home before 4pm to get your afternoon walk in.

If you haven't already started your exercise plan to get yourself into a good regime over the winter months then you might want to try these ideas to get you through the winter ahead...
read more

1 comment:

Em said...

I love that post hun :)
No more will winter cause me trouble, I am buying myself a new winter coat just for my evening walks as I really love my walks not just for the cardio benefits but also for the peace and quiet hehe
Have a great weekend hun :)
Em:)