Monday, April 7, 2008

Training and Eating Update

Haven't made it to the gym as often as I would like the last couple of weeks (poor time management on my part, rather than lack of motivation), but have had quality workouts while I've been there. Am focusing on upper body at the moment and am really enjoying it. Can do six regular chin ups (then four, four, two), with the remainder of my reps coming from negatives (gotta love the DOMs!). Also love the scene in Terminator 2 where Linda Hamilton is pumping out the chin ups in the psych ward. Would love to be able to do that many that easily.



Am working on bench strength too. Know there's something wrong somewhere when my bench press and close-grip press are about the same weight (what the?). Hubby suggested my hand position in my bench press has been too narrow - I have really long arms so need to get my hands further apart. Can feel it more in chest when doing this, so will see if I start to make some changes that way (along with the activation moves Liz has given me).

Am feeling really comfortable with my food at the moment. Have gotten into a good routine, getting plenty of variety but not thinking too much about what I'm eating, and eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. Yay!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Charlotte,

I am happy to help out with tips on your bench press strength.

Send me an e-mail
lisa@lisastokes.com.au

Raechelle said...

Sounds like things are coming along nicely-even if you aren't getting in as many workouts as you'd like.
Sounds like the food thing is under control...good on ya!

Unknown said...

Charlotte,

Where would I be able to get the licorice tea? Is it available in supermarkets?

Cheers

Michelle