Friday, April 11, 2008

Welcome Back

It's taken me since October last year to stop obsessing about what I'm eating. I was always thinking about what I was going to eat next, and if I should be approaching my eating in a different way to help me achieve my goals. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've finally started to relax with my eating. I have a rough system in place so I know what to eat and about how much to eat, but I'm not measuring or tracking anything, and it's a huge mental relief.
And I'm happy with how I look (OK, I was happier a couple of weeks ago when I was exercising more regularly, but I'm back into it again now). My husband commented yesterday, 'I haven't seen you this relaxed for ages - welcome back.'

8 comments:

Em said...

Thats great hun :)
It must be a huge relief for you to just do it your way :)
Em:)

Raechelle said...

That's really great Charlotte! Sounds much healthier!

Lisa said...

I remember having this moment too....not long after Liz rescued me early last year.

Lisa

Kek said...

Hi Charlotte - good for you, it's a good place to be.

Love your header photo!

Claudine said...

Charlotte, when the husband says Welcome Back... its something to take seriously :) We get so focussed on our own little world that we may forget the essential :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are in a good headspace.

RaeC said...

I have a tendency to stress a lot over my food choices, how much, when, etc. and I think that just stems from the pressure we put on ourselves not only to lean down for comp, but to maintain it afterwards. Especially when we have blown out after a comp... we have white knuckles every post comp after that... LOL!!

I guess that's why I choose to have a coach all year round, it takes a bit of the pressure off me because he is the one who works out what I need to do and when. I can then just get on and do what I am told!!

I feel I would need quite a few more years under his coaching before I felt confident to work it out on my own, but that said I am the kind of person who needs a trusted eye on my progress as I have a tendency to see things other than what they are. He definitely keeps me grounds, that's for sure!!

Great to see you are taking things a little more relaxed... that shows that it is becoming a lifestyle and you are getting into the groove of it. That's what my coach said to me when I just went with the flow and made the right choices without having to think too much about them xxx

Splice said...

That's fantastic, i'm so happy to hear this as it takes so much pressure of your mind and that energy can be used elsewhere :-)

Stay positive.

Deb