Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Artificial Sweetener

Since I try and get most of my foods from natural sources and avoid anything processed, it seems silly that I rely so heavily on artificial sweetener. So I'm going to try and stop adding it to things. I will just have to learn to appreciate my food without it.

Drinks are another matter. It will probably mean that I will be off coffee. It doesn't taste so great without the sweetener. But since I'm also aiming to have 4L water a day, hopefully I won't miss it too much.

6 comments:

Claudine said...

After my comp, I will go back to real sugar in my coffee. I can't live without it (the sugar AND the coffee). There is a wide selection of teas on the market if you like hot drinks... they could do the work :)

Splice said...

Your doing soooo well post comp Charlotte, I can learn alot from you ;-)
I enjoy reading your blog and I will enjoy sharing your off season experiences with you.
Deb

Magda said...

Hi Charlotte,

sorry I've been a bit slow to catch up with your blog but now that I have I must say pics look FANTASTIC. You just glow!!!!
And you are doing so well after the comps. Something else to be really proud of!

Well done

Magda

Anonymous said...

I haven't had splenda since being on this elimination diet and ideally would love to not go back on it too. Lets see how we both go. ;o)

Janew said...

Hey Charlotte, congrates on your recent competition.
Speaking of sweetners,have you seen or heard of this herb? http://www.stevia.net/
its good for those who have a sweet tooth and cuts down on artificial sweetners!

cheers, jane :)

Anonymous said...

The only sweetener I'm allowed to use at the moment is white sugar Charlotte. I have it on my porridge. I'm not allowed tea or coffee so I don't need it for drinks. :o(