Wednesday, August 8, 2007

8.5 weeks to go

Weight: 56.4kg. I've lost about 1.5kg in the last two weeks. It's come off my back first, as usual, but also my butt, which makes a pleasant change, LOL. Usually it all comes off my upper body first and I get leaner and leaner up top while waiting for my lower body to catch up.



Food: new diet is going well and am enjoying trying out a few different things.



Berry Protein Pancakes (makes 2)



6 egg whites

1 serve berry protein powder

100g frozen berries, defrosted in microwave



Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then beat in 1/2 serve protein powder. Cook in nonstick pan in 2 batches. Put first pancake on plate and top with half of the berries. Put next pancake on top. Mix the other 1/2 serve protein powder into a syrup with water, and pour on top of pancakes. Top with remaining berries.



Breadless French Toast

5 egg whites

1 whole egg

cinnamon, to taste

Splenda, to taste

Sugar-free maple syrup, to taste



Beat egg whites, whole egg, cinnamon and Splenda with an electic beater until fluffy then pour into a nonstick pan. Cook until it's lightly browned on both sides and set in the middle, then turn onto a plate and top with syrup.




Training: am enjoying my new programme: chest and shoulders on Monday; back and arms on Tuesday; rest on Wednesday; legs on Thursday; rest on Friday; full body on Saturday; rest on Sunday. Lots of supersets, so am getting through it all superquick!



Cardio: 4 30min sessions per week, after weights on Monday and Tuesday, and on my Wednesday and Friday rest days. I usually do cardio straight after weights but can't see myself doing it after legs or a full body workout!



Supplements: Energy levels are good but throat has been feeling a bit scratchy the last couple of days so have added some vitamin C powder to my supplements. I tend to like things that dissolve in water as it gives me a reason to drink more.



To do this week: start practising compulsory poses and think about music for routine.


Done: bikini order placed with Jo Rogers at Style on Stage

4 comments:

Splice said...

Sounds like you have everything under control :-)
I love the look of those pancakes....yummo!
Deb

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Deb,

It's all going well so far. The pancakes are yummy, but I'm going through lots of eggs at the moment!

Cheers,

Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Jo's costumes are incredible. I bet you can't wait to get it? :o)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Lia,

Yes, I had an idea about what I wanted but Jo made some great suggestions about improving it so am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.