Tuesday, August 14, 2007

7.5 weeks to go



Weight: 56.7kg - about the same as last week. My weight tends to be stable for a while, then come off in a big drop, rather than in small, regular amounts. I can see a little more definition starting to appear, which is nice.

Food: Had my last cheat meal on Friday last week. I ate lightly during the day as I wasn't sure where we'd be going or what we'd be eating. Ended up at Walters Wine Bar at Southbank. I ordered kingfish, which came with couscous and a rich-sounding sauce. I asked to swap the couscous for a garden salad and was really pleased when my meal came out since it was just the fish and salad, nothing else. Sounds bizarre that I was pleased with a plain meal, but it meant I could have a dessert! I have a sweet tooth, so am happy to forgo carbs with my meal if I can have a desert instead. It was a rum and raisin parfait with caramel sauce. Yum! I had it with a skinny flat white. I also had a couple of glasses of NZ sauvignon blanc with my meal, which was a bit naughty as I'm not supposed to be having any alcohol. No more from now on.

Was feeling pretty tired and grumpy on Sunday and Monday. I forgot how low carbs does that to me. It's not enough to make me want to stop, but reminds me how much better I feel when I can eat carbs regularly.

I've already figured out what I want for a treat after my show. I was reading an article in the Epicure section of the Age a couple of weeks ago about desserts. This description caught my eye...

'Sibley at Circa, however, has created a monster with her Circa Snickers bar. Diners make dessert-only bookings to indulge in the $24 treat, and about 50 per cent of diners order it. Here's why: "It's a salted peanut meringue base with a frozen caramel parfait glace, like a semifreddo-style mousse, then a really thin chocolate plaque on top of that, then three quenelles of milk chocolate mousse, which is really high in cocoa solids, and gooey salted peanut caramel in between the three quenelles, and then another chocolate plaque on top. It's pretty yummy," she says. No kidding.'

Training: Going pretty well, although I notice I don't have the same amount of energy as usual. I'm definitely training to failure now.

Cardio: Still doing 4 30 min sessions a week. Have been trying to mix it up a bit by doing a different type of exercise each time, but as I'm getting fitter now I'm going to have to start going a bit harder to keep the intensity up. Intervals here I come...

To do this week: Finalise music choice and start thinking about choreography.

4 comments:

Splice said...

The routine arghhh you had to bring that up didn't you lol.
This is the biggest most scariest part of the comps for me and I can't get over it yet.
I have to practise.
Your trekking really well, keep up the great work.
Debs

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Deb, it's the worst part for me too!

RaeC said...

Ooooh... I think that the routine is one of the most exciting parts girls!! But then it could be me hanging onto my youth and dancing classes with both hands and nails dug in... LOL!! My song has been chosen and gets cut this week... eeeek!! Anyway, enough about me because this is Charlotte's blog... LOL!! Sounds like you are going awesome hon... keep up the fantastic work xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Rae,

I don't have a dance background and I'm pretty uncoordinated, so that's probably why I find it hard!

Cheers, Charlotte