Wednesday, August 22, 2007

6.5 weeks to go

Weight: 55.9kg.

*Note to self: I like how I look at this weight. My post-show goal will be for my off-season weight to be a max of 56kg (instead of 60kg as it was this year).*

I've been a bit slack with measurements this year and am mostly relying on pics to check my progress. I'm not as lean as I was this far out before my last show, but am feeling a lot better healthwise this time, and I think it's because I'm losing weight a bit more slowly. Am making a few adjustments as from tomorrow to kick things up a notch.

Food: Will be decreasing my carb grams slightly from tomorrow.

Have had a few chocolate cravings this week so bought a box of 99% fat-free Jarrah chocolatte sachets and have one of those in the evening if I feel like something sweet. I don't like to use them too much though as they are full of processed ingredients. The last couple of evenings I've made up a pudding with chocolate protein powder and water instead.

Cooking in our house can be a bit of a challenge, what with my competition diet and my husband's gluten-free diet. I've been enjoying adapting some of the recipes out of the Australian Women's Weekly 50 Fast Chicken Fillets book: garlic chicken stir-fry with bok choy; thai-steamed chicken; yakitori chicken; cajun chicken with mango salad; sweet paprika chicken with chickpea salad; tandoori chicken; chicken with salsa verde...

Training: I like training as I get leaner as I'm able to do more bodyweight exercises. Looking forward to being able to do pull ups for reps again. Can only manage about three or four at the moment. Have also been trying to squeeze in a round of symmetry and compulsory poses at the end of each workout.

Cardio: Did my first lot of sprints on Monday. It was also a low-carb day so my body was working overtime with little fuel for the rest of the day, and I was hungier on Tuesday than I've been for a while. Normally I just start to feel hungry when the 2.5- to 3-hour mark rolls around but on Tuesday I was checking the time closer to 2 hours and filling up on water while I was waiting for my next meal time. Will be increasing my cardio to 4 x 40min per week as from tomorrow.

To do this week:
1. order tanning products
2. pick out hair style
3. choose make-up colours
4. have pics taken of my posing so I can check my technique

It's all getting very exciting!

6 comments:

RaeC said...

It is exciting isn't it??? It's almost like planning a wedding... a few times a year... LOL!! You're going great!!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Rae, I'm really pleased with how things are going so far. I'm sure things are going to get harder in the next few weeks, but at least I know what to expect, and it will all go by so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you have my blog.... I just linked over from Rae, and saw you! I followed your progress with Lisa on Go Figure and thought you did so so well, and even got to see you compete once too. Hey looks like your on track to do really well! All the best
Eve

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Eve! Small world isn't it! I still read Lisa's website to see what's going on in NZ, though I don't post on the board.

Anonymous said...

If you need to get some tanning products I've got some here at home I'm selling on behalf of Jo Rogers at Style on Stage. As for sweet cravings, try straight cocoa powder, hot water and an artificial sweetener. It's a sweet fix without cosuming any calories. ;o)

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Lia, I will have to give the cocoa a go :-)