Friday, December 28, 2007

Lessons from Christmas

I managed to keep my indulgences to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and was pretty much back on track by Boxing Day, so am happy about that. However, I didn't plan to indulge on Christmas Eve, and I ate more than planned on Christmas Day, and I think that's mostly due to drinking on both occasions, as I tend to be more relaxed with my food choices after drinking, especially when it's a smorgasbord-type situation. So next year I am going to try negotiating Christmas without alcohol and see how I get on.

3 comments:

Magda said...

A great achievement Charlotte, even if it wasnt as perfect as you had hoped. Well done!!

Cheers

Magda

RaeC said...

You did well Charlotte so don't be so hard on yourself... LOL!! When you look at the big picture, out of a whole year is two days with alcohol and a little relaxed attitude toward food really that detrimental if you are back on-track and powering along toward your goals within two days? I don't think it is. Also, take the time to compare yourself this year to previous years. It is a process so I think if you look back on how you used to be compared to how you were this year you will realise how far you have come and be able to be proud of your achievement xxx

Lisa said...

I find the same thing happens to me..it is the evil drink. I very rarely drink these days and binge even less....good decision.

Lisa