Monday, December 3, 2007

Chicken, Pear & Spinach Salad

My new favourite!

Adapted from More Taste than Time by Annabel Langbein

Serves 1

50g baby spinach leaves
1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tbsp flax oil
1/2 crunchy green pear, cored and cut into cubes
50g warm cooked chicken breast, sliced
15g walnuts

Toss baby spinach with vinegar and oil. Mix in pear and chicken and garnish with walnuts.

The crunchy pear and walnuts add nice textures and flavours.

I've been cooking up a batch of chicken in the weekend, and portioning it out into sandwhich bags, then freezing. I just grab some out of the freezer every couple of days, so I always have some defrosted chicken on hand to warm up and pop on a salad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you want to be a contributor to "Fit for Consumption"? If so, email me and I'll send out an invite to be a part of that blog. :o)

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting combo ... I must try it sometime.