Sunday, December 2, 2007

44 Weeks to Go

Eating more to gain weight has got me really interested in how the human body works. Well, specifically, how mine works. The more I eat, the faster my metabolism seems to go. I'm now eating about twice as much as I was precomp, and even with all these extra calories I'm still a little hungry at the end of most days. I've worked out a meal plan I'm pretty happy with for the first six meals of the day, so now it's just a matter of trying out different food selections and combinations for my last two meals until I find things that help me feel full. I'm like my own little science experiment, LOL. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed about my eating now that I've got a rough plan happening. That way I don't have to think about it too much. Now I just have to make sure I don't get too relaxed and start slipping off-plan things in here and there.

Sleeping has been reasonably good. I've been able to get a few sleep-ins to make up for days when I don't have much sleep (not ideal but better than nothing). Work should be easing back a bit from now on (just one job at a time instead of two, LOL), so am looking forward to having some more R&R time. I've got the Christmas/New Year period off (except for one small fun job), and I can't wait. I'll be training like it's my job, sleeping like a sloth, and eating like a pig (just joking!).

2 comments:

Em said...

WOW i am finding it tough fitting in 5 meals a day! how do you do it?
Keep up the good work hun:)
Em:)

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Em!
I get hungry every couple of hours, so I like to have lots of small meals throughout the day. My workout drinks are included in that number, so I'm probably not having eight 'normal' meals.
Cheers, Charlotte