Friday, July 27, 2012

Fruit & Veg Friday

We were using a really good organic fruit and veg delivery company at the start of the year, but the business isn’t operating at the moment as the owner is overseas. We’ve tried a few other places but haven’t really been happy with what we’ve been getting.

On Wednesday I tried somewhere new, Organic Origins. Since I’ve been having a lot of smoothies lately, I was quite happy to see they had a Green Smoothie Box. I was a bit late putting in my order, so just opted to get an OMG! Quick Box to cover the rest of our fruit and veg needs, instead of choosing items myself.

Today (Friday) our order arrived. First up, it came in a refrigerated van, which will be great for keeping things fresh in summer. I was happy to see it was in two separate boxes, so I could see what each type of box contained. When I opened the boxes I was quite impressed to see a green biodegradable bin liner in each box. Since the boxes are collected and reused each week, it’s nice to have a liner  - and we’ll be able to reuse the liners in our rubbish bin. 

Here’s the contents of the boxes (the white bags are biodegradable and compostable).

27 July Smoothie

Green Smoothie Box (starting on the left at the back): celery, juicing apples, kale, juicing carrots, zucchini, parsley, rocket, baby spinach, grapefruit, oranges, ginger, lemon and beetroot

 

27  July OMG

OMG! Quick Box (starting on the left at the back): celery, leek,  apples, salad mix, bananas, oranges, snow peas, red potatoes, broccoli, pears, grapefruit, lemons, sugar snap peas, carrots, zucchini and mandarins

So yes, that’s two bunches of celery, plus the half-bunch we already had in the fridge.  Celery ideas, anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice selection, and the quality looks good also. xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Lia, so far so good!

Magda said...

Celery suggestions? Garden compost LOL. Sorry it's the one vegetable I detest.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, yeah, I usually try and 'hide' it in cooked dishes.