When we were on holiday in Queensland a few weeks ago, we were in a health-food store looking for gluten-free bread that didn’t have any dairy products in it. We got chatting to someone else in the store who was also on holiday, and she was looking for Co Yo (dairy-free coconut-milk yoghurt). She said it was really nice, so when I saw it while doing our fruit and veg shopping online the other day, I decided to grab a tub to try. It got delivered yesterday morning, but I put it in the fridge and forgot all about it until late last night, when Rob and I were getting a bit peckish.
Please excuse the blurry pics. I had to take them from my perch on the couch, in the semi-darkness, while Rob was salivating.
We both really enjoyed it. It definitely had a coconut-milk flavour, but was much thicker and creamier (not as thick as coconut cream though; more of a whipped texture). I’d happily buy it more often, apart from the cost: $9.95 for a 400g tub!
The company also does a coconut ice cream, which sounds delicious, but I’m not sure how well it would survive a delivery from the other side of town :-(
1. Smoothie with sunflower seed milk, rice protein, kale, banana, apple and cinnamon
2. Juice made from kale, mandarins (off our tree) and ginger. Goji berries.
3. Smoothie made with water, rice protein, banana, frozen cherries, hemps seeds and cacao powder.
4. Juice made from carrot, beetroot, apple and lemon.
5. Magic Sausage Supper (recipe here)