Friday, November 18, 2011

Program or No Program?

So this week I ventured back into the gym for the first time in a long time. On Tuesday I did lat pulldowns, seated rows and bicep curls. On Thursday I did bench press, shoulder press and tricep pushdowns. I expected to be sore afterwards. And I am. In my biceps, of all places. I can barely straighten my arms today (Friday).

What I most enjoyed about this week’s workouts was just going in and doing what I felt like, until I’d had enough, which ended up being about 4 sets of each exercise, in the 6-10 rep range.

Do you follow a training program, or just do what you feel like?

4 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

Hi Charlotte,
I'd like to be a program follower, but I'm cheerfully a freestyler :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Liz,
Fair enough! The thought of taking a notebook and pen to the gym and writing down everything I do doesn't really appeal at the moment so I'm going to try 'freestyling' too.

The Stark's said...

No program, no pad, no pen.

I wake up and wonder what would I like to do today. I have no idea even how much I lift anymore, which is probably not very much ;).

Charlotte Orr said...

Sounds good!