Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back in Business!

Had a bit of drama on Monday morning. Turned on my laptop and it wouldn't do anything. Turns out my hard drive was damaged (don't know how, as it was working fine on Sunday night). I had a couple of days of panic as I had been a bit lax in backing files up recently and was worried about losing 19 hours of work (that I REALLY didn't want to have to do again) and a few months' worth of photos. Luckily the tech guy at the shop I bought the laptop from was able to recover all my files, and then replaced the hard drive. Big PHEW!

Now I have about four days' worth of work to catch up on...

And just to be on the safe side, I've bought an HP Simple Save external hard drive for my laptop - it just plugs in via a USB and automatically backs up my files any time my computer is idle for more than five minutes.

No comments: