We picked up the keys for our house this morning. The back yard has some drainage problems so we did some work on it today, because we don't want the dog tracking mud inside. We will move in next weekend.
Today we dug two trenches leading away from the house on a decline. We lined each trench with perforated drain pipe. The drain pipes drain into larger holes (wells) at the end of the garden. We covered the pipes in the trench with scoria, and put bigger stones in the wells. Then we covered the trenches and wells with some of the dirt we removed.
The back yard isn't wet any more but there is lots of exposed dirt. Hope the grass grows back quickly!