Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mandarin Smoothie

We have an abundance of mandarins at the moment
mandarin tree
Unfortunately they’re a bit on the sour side this year. My favourite way to use them up at the moment is to disguise them in smoothies.  Here’s one example (adapted from Vegie Head’s Breakfast Smoothie)
Mandarin Breakfast Smoothie
(makes about 750ml)
2 cups leafy greens (eg kale or baby spinach)
1 cup peeled mandarins
half a cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
2 dates, pitted
1 banana
2 cups water
juice of half a lemon

Place all ingredients in high-powered blender and blend until smooth
 mandarin smoothie 2
mandarin smoothie 3
Cheers!

2 comments:

Magda said...

Charlotte, I didn't know you could get that consistency from blending as opposed to juicing. I don't have a juicer but I wonder if the blender on my Kitchen Wizz(I think) would work as well.

M

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, you should be OK if your ingredients aren't too fibrous. Good luck!