WELCOME TO THE FOOD & FITNESS BLOG OF CHARLOTTE ORR

In this blog you'll see me walking our dog, weight training, and eating lots of the food I love.

I hope you'll join me on my journey.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Celide & Jakub’s Wedding

Rob used to work with Celide. Her parents were born in Italy, and Jakub’s parents were born in Poland, so it made for an interesting day!  The ceremony was held in a Catholic church in Richmond. All pics taken on Rob’s phone.

20130202_145008_resized

 

20130202_150502_resized

We had about three hours between the ceremony and the reception so we went to Federation Square for a bit.

20130202_170437_resized

The stunning venue, at Docklands. We were one of the first ones into the room and were met with the perfume from all the lillies. As the sun was setting, the curtains were opened, and we had beautiful views over the water and West Gate Bridge

20130202_190120_resized

Rob and Celide

20130202_195920_resized

Me, Celide and Rob

20130202_195947_resized

The “Chair Dance” – bride and groom each lifted into the air on a chair and carried around the dance floor to the beat of the music.

20130202_230522_resized

Rob and I near the end of the night.

20130202_231102_resized

Sorry – no food pics, but we had a good selection of antipasto on our table when we arrrived; for entree I had organic pumpkin and goat cheese ravioli and Rob had zucchini flowers; for mains we both had Wagu beef, with rice, asparagus and salad; for dessert I had chocolate marquise (like a mousse on a coconut base) and Rob had gluten-free chocolate cake. I had about two bites of wedding cake but was too full to eat any more!

6 comments:

Michelle Carlyon said...

I love your dress!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Michelle!

Magda said...

Great pics. I love weddings.

:-) M

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Magda - it was a good one!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous! You looked beautiful and I loved the sexy wedding dress, gotta love an Italian bride ;)

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Sandra! Yes, the bride sure was sexy!