Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Sunday, December 23, 2012

FFF Final Check In

17-22 December

Managed to do four 45-minute sessions of swimming and daily foam rolling this week (although I had to miss out on some walks with Rob and TJ to get it all done since I also had a reasonably busy workload this week). I was dreading increasing my swimming time this week (as I find it so tiring) but I actually really enjoyed it. My fitness must be increasing.

So here are my final results

4th November 59.1

11th November 58.1

18th November 58.4 (period)

25th November 57.5

2nd December 57.3

8th December 57

16th December 57.2 (period)

23rd December 56.3

A total loss of 2.8kg over 7 weeks, or 400g per week.

I didn’t take an official ‘before’ photo – the most recent one is from when we were on holiday in late June, when I was about 58kg

24 June front

And here’s an ‘after’ from this morning

23 Dec 2012 2

Welcome back abs!

Here’s what I ate and how I exercised. My main goals were to lose a bit of weight, increase mobility in my spine and decrease my cholesterol.

On rising: Glisodin (antioxidant)

Foam rolling and dead bugs

Swimming and/or walk with Rob and TJ

Breakfast: fresh squeezed lemon juice with warm water; ‘muesli’ made with 1/3 cup oats, 1 Tbsp nuts/seeds, 1 Tbsp shredded coconut, 150g fresh fruit, cinnamon; 1 krill oil, 1 B complex

Snack: smoothie made with 1 cup Pura HeartActive milk, 200g (1 pottle) Jalna Proheart vanilla yoghurt, approx 75g banana, approx 75g frozen blueberries, large handful baby spinach, 4 tsp psyllium, 1 tsp probiotic powder

Lunch: sandwich made with 2 small slices grainy bread (80g total) spread with Flora pro-active Buttery (10g total), canned salmon (40g) or a boiled egg, and salad veg; carrot

Snack: 20g nuts

Dinner: 100g protein (measured raw) or 100g canned legumes, 1 tsp oil/spread, half a cup rice/pasta (measured cooked) or 150g potato/sweet potato, unlimited vegetables. Fish a couple of times a week and vegetarian meals a couple of times a week. Forty grams cheese (full fat) per week, usually spread over a couple of meals, eg parmesan cheese on spaghetti bolognese.

Indulgences: 4 indulgences (approx 450 kilojoules each) per week.  Usually wine or hot chocolate.

Other: If I had a particularly active day and I was hungrier than usual, I had a small snack after dinner. 

I haven’t had a chance to visit the doctor this week to arrange to get my cholesterol rechecked so no news there, but am happy with my weight loss and increase in mobility. Will keep on this path and see where it takes me…

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You look fab! Thanks for sticking with me right to the very end, you certainly put in the work and got the results. :D

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Sara!