Thursday, November 1, 2012

Festive Fitness Focus


I’m joining in Sara’s Festive Fitness Focus for the seven weeks leading up to Christmas.

What I'm committing to:

Training:
On rising every day: foam rolling and dead bugs (for mobility and core strength). Three to four days a week I will do 30-60 minutes pool walking, focusing on bracing my core. No weight training as yet as my back still isn’t up to it. Daily walking with Rob and TJ.

Nutrition:
My plan is to focus on including foods to help me reduce my total cholesterol (currently 6.4):

Sticky fibre such as oats, barley, psyllium, fruit, vegetables, legumes etc.

Nuts

Foods containing plant sterols, or a supplement. (Undecided as yet  - I need to try the milk and yoghurt containing the plant sterols to see if my stomach is OK with the lactose content. Also, I like to eat a mostly organic diet, and these foods aren’t organic.)

Calorie goal: about 1400-1600 (guestimate). Plus four ‘indulgences’ per week, eg four small glasses wine.

Rob is doing ‘no junk food until Christmas’ so that helps me out a lot. The only time I really eat it is if he brings it home.

Supplements:
Glysodin (antioxidant) 1/day
Krill Oil 1/day
Activated B Complex 1/day
I’ve been having spirulina most days, so will continue that or a greens powder, and probably add in a probiotic (had antibiotics recently for my tonsil infection).

Goal:
My goal is two-fold: reduce my cholesterol, and lose a little more weight. I’ve been sitting at 58kg for almost six months, so I should be OK to try and push a bit lower without a rebound effect. I’m aiming for 55-56kg. So that’s 2kg (minimum) to lose in seven weeks. 

2 comments:

Magda said...

Oooh thats a BIG challenge - but certainly worthwhile. Wishing you luck Charlotte.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Magda!